Friday, February 25, 2005

coming soon!

A Review on (I would rather call it an ode to!) "Hey! Ram"....

I don't know why I just love this movie and get peeved when I read something harsh on it. May be, I know the reason. But, I do not admit that as the reason. I confess. I am a fan of Kamal Haasan. But, however much, i detach myself from the fanhood, still this movie definitely captures my admiration every time I try to analyse it.
critics panned it. self-indulgence, they said. Ravi Vasudevan found it aligned with the Hindu Right's unleashing of certain public discourses and as Kamal's (failed?) attempt at the identification with the broader Indian nation-state.
Yet to catch hold of what Khalid Mohammed and likes had to say about it. Precious little information available on the net analysing this film such as this by Rehan Ansari (writes in chowk and mid-day too) and an absolutely wonderful analysis by Philip Lutgendorf whose mention I would save for the review.

My ode will follow..

No comments:

Post a Comment